Mercy Hospital has used me for many of their web projects over the years. This particular website is on the third redesign.
They had a new recruiter join their team who understands web recruitment and really knew what she wanted. Made the whole design and development process a breeze!
This was a particularly tricky one because it's a pretty huge site, but they wanted it all on a single page. Lots of images, some slideshows, a couple videos, custom API for Yelp, iFrames for information from a couple external providers... This all adds up, but I was able to use some good code and write a few custom scripts that helped only load what's necessary, when necessary. The site doesn't score well on Google's page speed insights, but to the end user, it does quite well. At the end of the day, that's what matters.
A few of the features:
- Fully responsive design. Built in Oxygen Builder so it's lean and looks good no matter what size screen you look at it with.
- Custom Yelp API integration for restaurants lists.
- Lazy loading of photos and videos below the fold so that the site doesn't have to wait for tons of assets to load before they're needed.
- Integration of employment openings software through an iFrame so they don't have to update openings in more than one place.
- Integration of educational info in an iFrame from an organization that works nation wide to make sure that information is up to date and relevant.
- Integration of Google Tag Manager and Analytics.
- Custom scroll animation on the opening screen so as you scroll, the shape divider flattens out.